As a leader in recreational water management, VivoAquatics has made a strong commitment to develop and offer the most environmentally responsible solutions. These solutions save energy, conserve water, reduce chemicals and otherwise contribute to a more environmentally responsible aquatic system.
The need to create sustainable solutions is large and growing. Each year, it takes all the energy produced by 20 medium-sized power plants just to fuel America’s in-ground swimming pools. Water scarcity is increasing on every continent. Around the world, demand for fresh water is exceeding population growth by a factor of two. And yet unnecessary backwashing and poor aquatic water management is costing the loss of millions of gallons of water.
At VivoAquatics we understand there is no one strategy that provides all the answers. Rather, we are working in conjunction with the U.S. Green Building Council on a holistic solution that impacts all aspects of water and energy sustainability.
Our approach to environmental responsibility considers the full impact of our offerings, from development through disposal. Our focus is not just about reducing water and energy costs, but rather about doing the work necessary to understand how we can build solutions that provide our clients with sustainable longer term solutions.
Reduce Energy Use: Energy-efficient equipment helps reduce pool operating costs and benefits the environment.
- Automated Control Systems
- Equipment schedules are easily amended to account for changes in weather, bather lode, and other factors that impact overall equipment performance.
- Equipment (i.e., lights, heaters) isn’t accidentally left on for extended periods, thereby wasting energy.
- Variable Speed Drives / Pumps
- VFD’s allows the pump to run at its most efficiently and save up to 90% in energy savings.
- Preventative maintenance costs will drop due to motor protection, motor soft start, and a significant decrease in water flow protecting the shaft and impeller.
- LED Lights
- Compared to incandescent bulbs, replacement LED bulbs are twice as bright, reduce energy use over 80% and last up to 20x longer.
- Energy savings and reduced maintenance expenses will generate a rapid return on your investment.
- Energy Efficient Heaters
- New heaters with a high efficiency rating are extremely economical to operate.
- Optimized fuel/air mix provides superior efficiency, faster heat up, and are certified for lo nox emissions. Our professionals can help you install heaters that outperform current industry standards for air pollution exhaust.
Reduce Water Use: The average backwash uses between 250 to 1,000 gallons of water, without completely cleaning the filter. Clients have saved millions of gallons of water through the use of ancillary products.
- Enzymes reduce the buildup of non-living organic contamination. Sunscreens, body oils, lotions, cosmetics along with other contaminants make up the non-living organic load that contribute to problematic symptoms such as: waterline rings, short cycling filters, unpleasant odors, poor water clarity and peak load cloudiness.
- VivoAquatics’ ancillary program is a naturally based enzyme formula that works with all sanitizing systems.
- Liquid solar blankets and water conditioning technology can save significant water loss due to evaporation and excessive backwashing.
Reduce Chemical Use: VivoAquatics’ solutions include equipment and products that contribute to the reduced use and storage of harsh chemicals for pool maintenance and/or products that include no hazardous materials.
- The ancillary program with enzymes will reduce chemical use, maintain water clarity and prevent non-living organic contamination of water.
- Many of our installations include a Carbon Dioxide (CO2) system to control pH levels in pools and spas. There are a number of advantages when using CO2 for pH control compared to acid. Adding CO2 will not contribute to a TDS increase in water, thus reducing the amount of make-up water required to maintain the water quality. It is much safer, as there is no mineral acid solution or fumes present on-site.
- Ultraviolet (UV) Pool Systems harness the power of ultraviolet light to lower chemical levels, eliminate chlorine by-products, and to make pools safe, healthy, and easier to manage. UV pool sanitation destroys over 99.5% of pool pathogens with a powerful, precision-engineered ultraviolet ray. About 80% of all new waterparks and aquatic facilities feature UV systems.